Getmail Question

Shrenik Bhura shrenik.bhura at intelliant.net
Tue Jun 16 20:08:58 CEST 2009

Sascha Schneider wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I installed getmail to get the mails from our ISP.
> Getmail can delegate mails to the kolab-postfix wich should delegate the mails
> to the users mailbox.
> On my Debian 5 with kolab 2.2
>
> I did an:
>
> [destination]
> type = MDA_external
> path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
> arguments = ("myusernam at domain.local",)
>
> Mails are retrieved by getmail but do not appear within the IMAP Folder.
>
> Has anybody experiences with this (ecxept "use fetchmail")??
>
> Greetings from belgium
Hi Sascha,

Since you ask for getmail with kolab I would answer this here but the
right ML would have been getmail at lists.pyropus.ca .

This is what works for me:

[normal_delivery]
type=MDA_external
path=/usr/sbin/sendmail
arguments=("-f %(sender)","%(recipient)")

[options]
verbose = 2
delete = true
message_log = /var/log/getmail/getmail.log

It is advisable that you keep delete=false till you see the mails in
your IMAP folders to avoid loosing them.

SB