Howto cache outgoing mails?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:30:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Del<delonly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to cache outgoing mails on the Kolab server. The
> issue is the following: When I send large mails (e.g., through the Horde
> web-interface), the message window stays open (with no progress bar)
> until the entire message has left the Kolab-server.

This is your browser that is uploading your email on the server.

> Preferably I would
> like the message window to close immediately once I press the "Send"
> button, having the Kolab-server caching the message until it is delivered.

Your server is already doing that, but as soon as it has received it !

> Kontact essentially has this functionality built in by using the outbox,
> but it would be nice having it on the server too.

Kontact is doing that in the background. Try to stop kontact just
after you sent a big email, it will tell you it has still an unsent
email int its outbox :-)

> I would guess it is a
> setting in Postfix, but I haven't found it, so very grateful for any help.

This is not a postfix problem. The problem is your browser, it's not
done to upload in the background.

> Cheers,
> Del

Alain Spineux