Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2.2 with new server

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Jul 28 11:05:49 CEST 2009

* greenpenguin at free.fr <greenpenguin at free.fr> [20090728 07:32]:
> The imapd crashes when there is load.
> In the imapd.log, we can find :
> Jul 27 10:00:14 srvmail <warning> imap[25452]: DBERROR db4: Logging region out
> of memory; you may need to increase its size
> Jul 27 10:00:14 srvmail <error> imap[25452]: DBERROR: opening
> /kolab/var/imapd/annotations.db: Cannot allocate memory
> Jul 27 10:00:14 srvmail <error> imap[25452]: DBERROR: opening
> /kolab/var/imapd/annotations.db: cyrusdb error
> Jul 27 10:00:14 srvmail <error> imap[25452]: Fatal error: can't read annotations
> file
>
> The only solution I have found is to to remove the annotations.db and restart
> the imapd service.
>
> I have searched on Internet and the solution would be to configure DB4 with
> DB_CONFIG.

As a quick fix I'd suggest using skiplist format for the cyrus
databases again. Their stability should have improved with the new
cyrus imapd used in Kolab Server 2.2.2. The upgrading docs mention
how to do the convert in the other direction.

> I need your help because the server is in production.

You could contact the Kolab Konsortium (which Intevation is a part
of) for professional support.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998