IMAP annotations truncated; Was: Upgrading problems: IMAP recovery

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Jul 24 11:38:34 CEST 2009

* Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de> [20090723 09:21]:
> does anybody have an idea why the Kolab annotations in the IMAP headers
> are truncated as shown below?
>

> Saim Kim schrieb:
> > Gunnar Wrobel schrieb:
> >
> > Original server:
> >
> >  folder-type: event.default
> >  incidences-for: readers
> >  xfb-readable: test at medit.intern test3 at medit.intern
> >

> > New server:
> >
> >  folder-type: t.default
> >  incidences-for: ers
> >  xfb-readable: t at medit.intern test3 at medit.intern

We have seen the same problem on exactly one customer machine, too,
but the strange thing there was that it only affected php code (i.e.
resource handling), while looking at the annotations with cyradm
correctly showed event.default.

> > So, after I dumped the annotations.db from the original maschine, how
> > can I get it back into berkeley format? I tried to use
> > /kolab/bin/cvt_cyrusdb /tmp/annotations.db.txt  flat
> > /tmp/annotations.db berkeley. Even though I get the same warning as
> > before ("Warning: apparently empty database converted"), I get a
> > resulting annotations.db file which is much smaller than before (8 kB
> > compared to 229 kB)? And converting it back to flat format results in
> > a 0 kB file?

You could try using
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/utils/admin/kolab-mailboxinfo.pl

You can run it with the old database using the option "-c" to
produce output suitable for import via cyradm.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998