Question about **SHUDDER** Microsoft Outlook and Entourage

Price,Neil NPrice at gibb.co.za
Thu Jul 23 11:57:37 CEST 2009

> I think openchange is what you are looking for, but AFAIK the
> projekt is far
> from stable:
> http://www.openchange.org/

Openchange is impressive but I tried it and you are correct, it is unstable.
I could crash it at will. It requires Samba 4 which is still in alpha.

But with the release of M$ MAPI docs, it is making rapid progress.

Heres an idea. Openchange allows for a custom back-end server plugin. You
could write the plugin to connect to a Kolab server and make it look like M
Sexchange to Outlook but still have the advantage of other clients,
stability and customization.

As an aside, the release of MS protocol docs (thanks to EU) have had
unexpected benefits for MS as the Samba and Openchange teams have pointed
out several bugs to them.