IMAP annotations truncated; Was: Upgrading problems: IMAP recovery

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 23 09:24:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

does anybody have an idea why the Kolab annotations in the IMAP headers
are truncated as shown below?

Best regards,
Saim

Saim Kim schrieb:
> Gunnar,
>
> Gunnar Wrobel schrieb:
>> Quoting Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> after succesfully importing the LDAP backup from the old server with
>>> your help, I'm now struggeling with the import of the annotations.db
>>> file. I checked the mailing list and found several remarks on how to
>>> backup the file and the possibilty on just copying the file from a
>>> backup. Unfortunatly, the copying didn't do as hoped. After copying I
>>> ran the  cyrreconstruct as kolab-r. That didn't change anything -the
>>> calendars were still not visible.
>>
>> The cyrreconstruct does not have anything to do with the annotations
>> as far as I know. I believe it just fixes problems with the messages
>> in the mail folder. The annotations.db file is actually the only
>> place where information about annotations are kept. So the only task
>> should be to get that file restored as required.
> ok, that's good to know. I tried to do it another way: I delete the
> content of the /kolab/var/imapd. I then did a rsync with the imap
> content from my backup. I then checked with the cyradm info command
> and this is the result:
>
> Original server:
>
> localhost> info user/test/Kalender at medit.intern
> {user/test/Kalender at medit.intern}:
>  comment:
>  condstore: false
>  duplicatedeliver: false
>  lastpop:
>  lastupdate: 14-Jul-2009 15:25:59 +0200
>  partition: default
>  sharedseen: false
>  size: 6225112
>  share-params:
> YToyOntzOjY6InNvdXJjZSI7czo1OiJrb2xhYiI7czo0OiJuYW1lIjtzOjg6IkthbGVuZGVyIjt9
>
>  folder-type: event.default
>  incidences-for: readers
>  xfb-readable: test at medit.intern test3 at medit.intern
>

> New server:
>
> localhost> info user/test/Kalender at medit.intern
> {user/test/Kalender at medit.intern}:
>  comment: t/plain
>  condstore: false
>  duplicatedeliver: false
>  lastpop:
>  lastupdate:  3-Jul-2009 15:40:24 +0200
>  partition: default
>  sharedseen: false
>  size: 6175303
>  share-params:
> OntzOjY6InNvdXJjZSI7czo1OiJrb2xhYiI7czo0OiJuYW1lIjtzOjg6IkthbGVuZGVyIjt9
>  folder-type: t.default
>  incidences-for: ers
>  xfb-readable: t at medit.intern test3 at medit.intern
>
> Interestingly, some of the critical parts are truncated? ->
> folder-type, etc. Any on how to prevent this? I guess this could be
> one solution to my IMAP problem...
>>> A manual typesetting to event with the
>>> mboxcfg successfully restored a user calendar. For about 30+ users this
>>> would be cumbersome...
>>
>> In the worst case you could script that step.
> hmm, as a complete linux noobie this would be really time consuming...

> [...]

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/