libltdl.so.7 - not present in openpkg installation

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Tue Jul 21 21:26:46 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I managed to get my kolab installation back up and running on a spanking new
hosted virtual server, but upon "/etc/init.d/kolab start" (this is debian),
I ran into the following problem:

> apache:FAILED
> openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:apache:%start: failed with return code 1
> openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
> | apache: Syntax error on line 341 of /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf:
> | Cannot load /kolab/libexec/apache/mod_php.so into server:
> | libltdl.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> | directory

This was easily fixed by installing libltdl from the hosting distribution,
but has me kind of confused: isn't the whole point of providing kolab in an
openpkg environment to make it self-sufficient (aside from early build
requirements)? "find -iname libltdl.so.7" really did not dig anything up in
my original installation either ...

Thanks for any insight,

Joh