Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2.2 with new server

Arendsen Hein, Thomas thomas at intevation.de
Mon Jul 20 16:31:08 CEST 2009

* Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> [20090720 16:09]:
> Quoting greenpenguin at free.fr:
>
> > Ok, I will try this week but the directory structure seems different
> > between 2.0
> > and 2.2.2.
> >
> > In 2.0, messages are stored in
> > /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/toto.com/user/myUser
> >
> > but in 2.2.2 messages are stored in
> > /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/t/toto.com/user/m/myUser
> >
> > How to convert the structure ?
>
> Oh, I think I misread your message last time. I read from 2.2.0 to
> 2.2.2. I think we are lacking decent upgrade descriptions for the path
> from 2.0 to anything past that.
>
> I admit I'm not certain how to best convert that structure.

The default structure in 2.1.x and 2.2.x has changed compared to
2.0.x, but you can just comment the "hashimapspool: yes" line in
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/imapd.conf.template (as described in the
2.0->2.1 upgrading docs).

Alternatively you can use
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/utils/admin/hash-imap-spool
to convert it from the old format to the current.

I think your best bet for now is to follow the 2.0->2.1
instructions and then the 2.1->2.2 instructions. I think this should
even work without installing the 2.1 packages first, but directly
install the 2.2 ones.

> @thomas: The 1st.README states "Instructions for upgrading from Kolab
> server 2.0 will be added in a future version of this document." Is
> this still on the list of things to do?

Somehow, but with lower priority, as there is above workaround.

More interesting would be instructions to import existing data into
a fresh installations. We already have a draft for that and it was
already used in production once, but it needs some more work before
this can be published.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998