free busy in Kolab 2.2.2

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Jul 15 10:02:23 CEST 2009

Quoting Liutauras Adomaitis <liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com>:

> Hello Kolab users,
>
> I have several questions regarding free/busy in KOLAB (2.2.2)
> +Outlook+Bynari? I would appreciate if someone would give me any hints
> to these questions:
>
> 1. How to configure free/busy with https? We only managed to make it
> available with http service by designated in Outlook -> options ->
> calendar options -> free busy ->
> http://mail.domain.com/freebusy/%NAME%.ifb, but this does not work with
> https.

Maybe you a problem with the self-signed SSL-certificate? You might
need to import/accept this certificate globally on your windows
client. But I'm neither an Outlook nor a Windows person so others
might provide you a better answer.

> 2. How to configure free/busy information for shared folders (meaning
> shared calendars). Meaning, we set up shared calendar as meeting room
> and we want users to be able to see free/busy information of meeting
> room. When we try to see in Outlook scheduling the free/busy information
> of resource accounts or shared calendar, we receive free/busy not
> available (but for regular users its ok)

Shared folders are not meant to be used for that. They belong to no
user and cannot provide free/busy information.

> 3. As I understand, it is possible to set up meeting rooms as kolab
> resource accounts.

In fact the only choice.

> But how to configure free/busy information for
> resource accounts?

You don't need to configure that. Any user/resource should be directly
available within the free/busy system.

> And anyways, how to manage resource accounts - should
> they be set-up as regular user-accounts in the client software (i.e.
> Outlook?), so that person responsible for resource account would manage
> permissions to folders etc.?

Not necessarily. The resource account is created as a user in the
web-admin. Just make sure you mark it as a "resource account" rather
than a standard user.

> Or all permissions (adding users) should be
> managed manually on KOLAB server via cyradm (but this would be quite a
> lot of work for IT administrator in case many folders are planned)?

Each resource is a single user. They usually do not have several
folders. The resources are managed via the web-admin.

> 4. In general, when it is better to use resource accounts, and when -
> shared folders/calendars?

Always use a resource account.

Cheers,

Gunnar