Configuring Horde

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jul 14 09:38:58 CEST 2009

> I was attempting to configure Horde with the supplied setup.php
> script and it is asking for the location of the mysql socket. I
know
> under my normal server this is found at /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>
> I tried to start mysql using /kolab/bin/openpkg rc mysql start
> and I get an error that openpkg:rc:ERROR: package \"mysql\" not
> found.

Uh, oh, I should probably remove the setup.php script altogether. This
is meant for the standard Horde-Groupware setup and has nothing to do
with Kolab.

> Is MySQL not installed with the Kolab server by default? If
> not, how do I go about installing it into the server so that I can
> then get Horde configured?

No. One of the central points of the Kolab concept is to have no such
database. MySQL is not needed. The user data is kept where it is
remeains accessible to the user: in IMAP.

> Or am I missing something else all together here?

You can only configure Horde via the configuration files on a Kolab
server. All the standard Horde tools (setup scripts, administration
through the web frontend) are good for a standard Horde setup but not
for the Kolab server setup.

It is extremely easy to break the Horde setup on a Kolab server
completely when playing around with the configuration. So I tried to
hide those details.

Of course, if you know Horde well, you will be able to modify it to
your needs. These problems might go away with the next Horde version
but for now I would strongly suggest to directly edit the config files.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
____ http://www.pardus.de[1] _________________
http://gunnarwrobel.de[2] _

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg

Links:
------
[1] http://www.pardus.de
[2] http://gunnarwrobel.de