Horde open mailbox on slave server instead of master one

Antonio Straziota devgioiatech at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 10:22:33 CEST 2009

Hi all,
as suggested from Alain i open a new thread.
I resume what explained in the old thread:

I need a pubblic webmail to acces mailbox on master server. In the
past a Master/Slave solution was suggested as best way to obtain this.

I've two kolab installation (kolab 2.2.0 on Centos5.2)

As the subject explains, I can't login from slave webmail client on a
mailbox that resides on the master server.
>From admin interface, users location is correct and login goes fine.

To troubleshoot the problem i activate telemetry logging on master
server. When i log in by horde on master i see telemetry log with imap
command and response.
When i try to log in by slave horde, instead, i can't see anything on
master server. I see these logs only if i activate telemetry also on
slave server, with permission problem on IMAP folder creation.

So, i deduce that slave horde doesn't try to access mailbox on master,
but on slave itself. Infact if i convert mailbox.db to skiplist, on
slave one, i can't login in horde
I try to stop both imapd and openldap on slave server because I think
this should not affect access on mailboxes hosted on master but when i
try to log in, horde reject authentication due a wrong username and
password.

Finally, looking at wiki, i find a new solution at
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Horde#Apache_on_an_external_web_server_2.
In parallel, I'm trying also this solution.

Thanks.