Help with installation [SOLVED sort of]

Thu Jul 9 02:34:26 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 15:36:07 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 July 2009 11:06:06 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > > Quoting "Eric A. Boney"

> > tutorial on how

> > I have

> > directory

> > running to

> > this

> > foriegn to

> > (wiki.kolab.org)

> > admin.

> > good

> > Kolab

> > I am

> > server

> > > Is the apache really running?
> > >
> > > In any case you should ensure that you have a working dns
> >
> > system (it
> >
> > > should be sufficient if you edit /etc/hosts). You should not
> >
> > use
> >
> > > 127.0.0.1 but kolab.example.org. Otherwise some web services
> >
> > will fail.
> >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Gunnar

> > Ok so I made an adjustment to both the /etc/hosts and
> > /etc/hostname files. Now all I get is the following error:
> >
> > OpenPKG: start: apache:FAILED
> > openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:apache:%start: failed with return code 1
> > openpkg:rc:NOTICE: no output occurred on stdout/stderr
> >
> > So apache is still not running on the kolab server. Anyone have
> > any other thoughts at this point?
>
> Anything more specific in the log files at /kolab/var/apache/log?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>
> > Thanks,
> > -Eric

So I finally was able to login to the admin utility. I had to delete all the
SSL Key information that was created by the bootstrap utility and then run
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_sslcert.sh. This then created a cert.pem and key.pem in
the directory of /kolab/etc/kolab.

Only issue that I did get was I had to add an exception to firefox when I
attempted to login to the site as it said it was a self-signed cert.

Thanks again for the help. Off to familarize myself with the documentation a
little more to get things configured correctly.

-Eric