Help with installation

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Jul 8 17:06:06 CEST 2009

> On Wednesday 08 July 2009 03:46:49 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > Quoting "Eric A. Boney"
> <mailinglists at vanhlebarsoftware.com>:
> > > Ok, so I have been trying to find a nice tutorial on how
> to install
> > > and configure a Kolab server on my home server. I have
> downloaded
> > > the latest sources and I have created a /kolab directory
> in it's
> >
> > own
> >
> > > partition. I would like to get a server up and running to
> replace
> >
> > my
> >
> > > current setup of Exim4/Dovecot.
> > >
> > > I have 5 domains that will need to be hosted by this
> server but
> > > I am not sure how to get these setup. LDAP is foriegn to
> me and I
> >
> > am
> >
> > > not really sure how to get things started.
> >
> > The installation instructions from the wiki (wiki.kolab.org)
> should
> > get you started with setting up the server.
> >
> > You can then create virtual domains using the web admin.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Gunnar
> >
> > > If anyone can point me in the direction of a good
> tutorial it
> > > would be appreciated. I have tried to goole Kolab
> Installations and
> > > well I am not finding much.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > -Eric
>
> Thanks Gunnar!
>
> I got kolab installed and know when I try to connect to
> https://127.0.0.1/admin I get a connection refused error. I am
> attempting to connect to the admin page directly from the server
> that kolab is installed on. Any ideas?

Is the apache really running?

In any case you should ensure that you have a working dns system (it
should be sufficient if you edit /etc/hosts). You should not use
127.0.0.1 but kolab.example.org. Otherwise some web services will fail.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> -Eric

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg