Problem upgrading ldap from 2.2.0 to 2.2.2

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jul 7 17:06:38 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm having trouble with an "upgrade" of a Kolab server 2.2.0 to 2.2.2. I
started with a new clean Ubuntu 64 bit system and installed Kolab 2.2.2
from source. No errors in the install log as far as I have seen. I'm
running the bootstrap command as explained in 1streadme.txt

In a first step I tried to reimport the ldap from my old Kolab server
which has version 2.2.0. The ldif file was created by using slapcat as
suggested in the wiki. So, I followed the recommendations about
upgrading from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1-beta1 because of the structural changes in
the ldap. I'm deleting the content of the
/kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data/ directory and importing the ldif data
into the ldap as the user "kolab". Everything seems to run fine -I don't
get any errors. But when I try to start openldap with "openpkg rc
openldap start" I receive the following error message:

kolab-root at kolab-testrechner:/kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data$ sudo
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap start
OpenPKG: start: openldap:FAILED
openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:openldap:%start: failed with return code 1
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: no output occurred on stdout/stderr

Any hints?

Best regards,
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/