Using a remote mail account in Kolab

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Sat Jul 4 21:05:01 CEST 2009

Hi I have been thinking about this idea. And I really think that this would fix
all my current problems. Maybe I am totally wrong in the way I think that this
is possible but the idea itself makes total sense to me.

Is it possible to tell kolab not to safe the mails at
an imap account at a remote destination? As far as I understand this should be
very similar to having the mails at a slave server.

This way I would have all my mails at my ISP and don't need to worry about
uptime, backup etc but would still have all the benefits of having the mails
"in" the kolab system.

For example when I use webmail, the sent mail is saved at my ISP this way I
have those in backup too. Compared to the imapsync this would be much better.

I really hope someone here can help me.
Thanks a lot.