Another free/busy odditiy - Kontact vs. DNS?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Wed Jan 28 13:44:20 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 12:44:14 Ludwig Reiter wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009 17:33:43 schrieb ITSEF Admin:
[...]
> >  Contrary to our other users (and myself), the users
> > with the problem had their FreeBusyRetrieveUrl set to:
> > "https://KOLABSERVER/freebusy/" All other users have
> > "https://KOLABSERVER.DOM.AIN/freebusy/". To my great surprise, only the
> > second version (with the full domain) works.
[...]

> Mmh, I have tried to reproduce this problem. I think it is a problem with
> korganizer/kontact.  Kontact/korganizer checks, if kolabserver and user id
> matchs before getting the fb list from the user id.
>
> As example: both abc.def.xy and abc.xy map to the same kolab server. The
> user id of a test account is test at def.xy.
> The configured "https://abc.def.xy/freebusy" works to get the fb list.
> But "https://abc.xy/freebusy" fails, because abc.xy doesn't match the
> def.xy part of the id part of the account.
>
> The output in this case is:
> korganizer: Host 'abc.hq' doesn't match email 'test at def.xy'
> korganizer: FreeBusyManager::processRetrieveQueue(): url:
> korganizer: Invalid FB URL

I never got this output (just tried again to be sure), but it sure looks like
what we are experiencing here. Out of interest: In your test, was "Use full
e-mail address for retrieval" on or off?

> There must be a reason for this check. I will ask this on the devel list.

Yes, I saw your mail on devel first, which triggered me to check whether I can
see that output you mention. It's supposed to show up on the
console/in .xsession-errors, right?

Regards,

Thomas