multiple kolab installation question :(

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 28 11:22:51 CET 2009

On Dienstag, 27. Januar 2009, Antonio Straziota wrote:
> if my mailbox is stored on the
> slave server i can access it only if the slave server is available

Correct. (I mean if no server serves the filesystem, you cannot access it
obviously.)

> and
> if my master server should access my mailbox also if master si
> unavailable? is correct?

I do not know what you mean.
The master server cannot connect to the IMAP server on the slave server
if this is not running.

Note that the "master" "slave" terminology in Kolab Server mainly means
master and slave for the directory service. From the view of mailboxes it is
better to think of homeserver and non-homeserver.
(So for some users the "master" is home and for other users it is not.)

The Webclient needs to make contact to the Homeserver for the user, because
that is where the folders are.

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)