multiple kolab installation question :(

Antonio Straziota devgioiatech at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:20:24 CET 2009

hi guys...

i'm tring the solution putting the webmail server as master kolab and
more slave as local mail server,

-webmail (master)
|- site1 (slave)
|- site2 (slave)
|- etc... (slave)

I create a user on site1 from webmail and... i always login on my user
even if site1 server is powered off... :-|
if i shut down webmail, i never login on my user on site1

peraphs it's a stupid question but, if my mailbox is stored on the
slave server i can access it only if the slave server is available and
if my master server should access my mailbox also if master si
unavailable? is correct?

If no, my problem couldn't be solved by installing all kolab as slave
of a single common server, because i need all local users  to be
stored on their local kolab without any affect from the master or from
other slave...

anyone has suggestion about the use of a single webmail for all kolab
installation?
for example, if i i want to install a server with only HORDE there is
something to do on that installation make it works correctly with all
kolab?

Thanks.

2009/1/25 Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
> Quoting Antonio Straziota <devgioiatech at gmail.com>:
>
>> Thanks for reply...
>>
>>> Horde should be able to connect to the users kolabHomeServer instead of
>>> localhost. I'm not sure how Horde is preconfigured in native kolab
>>> installations, but it is able to do that in general.
>>
>> Ok ,so, from my "salve webmail" of the master i can access to mail box
>> on each other slave?
>
> Yes, this should work. If you have problems with this, please report back
> and we'll make it work ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>
>> I'll try it :-)
>>
>>> One drawback in your constellation are shared folders, which are shared
>>> on one
>>> server only. A user on server A can't share stuff with a user on server
>>> B.
>>> This can be avoided with "cyrus murder", a kind of cluster-enhancement
>>> for
>>> cyrus. It is a bit tricky in setup and certainly will need patches
>>> against