Kolab Mail archiving - software, methods, experiences?

Alex Chejlyk alex at swiftnetcomputers.biz
Fri Jan 23 23:08:48 CET 2009

Here is what I've done.

I use rsync to copy the whole /kolab folder to a backup server. I do
this at 2:00am. I do take the server offline from 2:00am to 2:30am.

You can leave kolab up and still use rsync, but you must export the
mailbox db. I think the info is on the wiki.

I also have scripts that run from each users workstation to archive
Thunderbird's mail. This is a redundant solution, but I find two backups
are always better than one.

I'm sure there are many much more elegant solutions, but this works for me.

Cheers,

Alex C.