multiple kolab installation question :(

Antonio Straziota devgioiatech at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:15:22 CET 2009

Thanks for reply...

> Horde should be able to connect to the users kolabHomeServer instead of
> localhost. I'm not sure how Horde is preconfigured in native kolab
> installations, but it is able to do that in general.

Ok ,so, from my "salve webmail" of the master i can access to mail box
on each other slave?
I'll try it :-)

> One drawback in your constellation are shared folders, which are shared on one
> server only. A user on server A can't share stuff with a user on server B.
> This can be avoided with "cyrus murder", a kind of cluster-enhancement for
> cyrus. It is a bit tricky in setup and certainly will need patches against
> kolabd.

At this time I don't need this... but i'll study it for future ;-)

> Mhm, what are your goals? Centralized user management (Kolab) or decentralized
> user management (indipendet samba sites)?

I need decentralized one: every site has kolab server and a file
server accessible from user of THAT site.

Really, my problem is that i've only one entry/exit point from/to internet.
I have to make all kolab accessible from internet from that point, but
all kolab server must be indipendent from the other.

Thanks again.
I'll try this architecture.