Global sieve script possible?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Jan 22 07:59:19 CET 2009

Quoting Christian Rößler <Roessler at FuH-E.de>:

> Good evening,
>
> in the way of preparing a migration to Kolab I am wondering if it is
> possible to use a global sieve script, which will be executed before
> user's sieve scripts?
>
> I was not able to find much in the net (eg. for example
> <http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-devel/2007-January/000239.html>)
>
> or in the Kolab documentation. So I would be thankful if anyone could
> hint me whether this is possible, and if so, how.
>
> Or would it suffice to put a (compiled, of course) sieve script into
> /kolab/var/imapd/sieve/global?

Hm, I had that question before and I think it does not work at the
moment but it should be possible to get it to work. I currently lack
the time to dig deeper into this. But could you try to generate the
global sieve script as you described it and report your findings? It
would be best to open an issue if it does not work. Then I have a
reminder to look into this again.

Thanks!

Gunnar