Groups for shared folders

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Jan 22 07:08:40 CET 2009

Quoting Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

> On Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009, Saim Kim wrote:
>> I was also looking for a solution for group access -but not to shared
>> folders. Instead I would like to grant access to the calendar of
>> ressource accounts. I'm still working on a Kolab 2.2.0 system (Debian
>> Etch). When I try to enter the group or actually the distribution list
>> on the fbview interface it is not added but it shows up in the cyradm
>> interface with the "group:" prefix and seems to work right.
>
> Huh, die fbview interface should not change the directory contents,
> nor anything else on the server. It should be "view only".

This change has been requested with the implementation of the extended
free/busy  concept. As we had only the Kolab web client supporting the
required additional folder attributes we added the calendar management
view from the client into fbview. If I remember it correctly you
reasoned that not everybody would install/use the Kolab web client and
so this functionality should be included in fbview as this was
considered an integral part of the server.

Cheers,

Gunnar