Groups for shared folders

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 21 09:46:16 CET 2009

On Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009, Saim Kim wrote:
> I was also looking for a solution for group access -but not to shared
> folders. Instead I would like to grant access to the calendar of
> ressource accounts. I'm still working on a Kolab 2.2.0 system (Debian
> Etch). When I try to enter the group or actually the distribution list
> on the fbview interface it is not added but it shows up in the cyradm
> interface with the "group:" prefix and seems to work right.

Huh, die fbview interface should not change the directory contents,
nor anything else on the server. It should be "view only".

> Will this
> function be added to the fbview webinterface? Actually, there is an
> option to add groups but it is greyed out.

A recommended model is to have a person be responsible for each resource
account. (Means having the password as well).
This person shold use a regular client (Outlook with Connector, Kontact or the
Webclient (currently in Beta)) to set the access permission on the folders
of the resource account.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)