Groups for shared folders

Alex lbf at dragonrising.com
Mon Jan 12 16:58:02 CET 2009

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks so much for the assistance, though I'm still getting stuck.

I've:

1) Gone to distribution lists and create new list:

List name: staff-group at mydomain.com
Members: alex.kent at mydomain.com
Hidden: unchecked

2) Created a shared folder:

Folder name: staff-shared at mydomain.com
Folder type: mails
Permission for UID/email/GID: "group:staff-group at mydomain.com"
Permission='all'

This generates the error:

"No UID or GID group:staff-group at mydomain.com"

It does accept the UID if I drop "group:" eg:

Permission for UID/email/GID: "staff-group at mydomain.com" Permission='all'

But this doesn't seem to give me "alex.kent at mydomain.com" access to the
folder.

Am I getting closer?