Groups for shared folders

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 12 15:32:56 CET 2009

On Sonntag, 11. Januar 2009, Alex wrote:
> I'm loving kolab, but need a few pointers giving a group of users access
> to a shared folder. I can at the moment give access to everyone, nobody
> or a specific person.

You can use server distribution lists.
(Use the Webadmin for your Kolab Server go to "distribution list",
add one with all your users and then use "group:YOURLISTNAME"
as UID to give rights to for the folder.

> Having searched kolab-users, I've seen a post which seemed to indicate
> the following:
>
> 1) Create a new user of account type 'Group Account'
>
> 2) Add users to this group account by adding their UID to the
> 'Email-Delegates' field of the group account.

Email-Delegates _only_ is about who can use the From: adress
for the Account in question. So this does not help.

> 3) Create a shared folder, giving the group accounts UID 'post'
> permissions.

Post is about incoming emails, so wrong tree. :)

> My Mozilla Thunderbird client does not see the new shared folder.
> Am I on the right lines here?

You were'nt. ;)

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)