Question About Kolab and Cyrus Mail Boxes

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:22:38 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 3:36 AM, Joseph Hardeman <jwhardeman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I have just finished setting up my first installation of Kolab and have
> two quick questions.
>
> When I create a user, I do not see a Sent mail folder and a Drafts
> folder.  For instance see my lm after logging into cyradm:

I think Kolab let the MUA create theses folder itself at first user login,
because Sent, Draft and other are not standard names !
Depending  your Language, the name could change.

> user/testuser/Calendar at farkinga.com (\HasNoChildren)
> user/testuser/Contacts at farkinga.com (\HasNoChildren)
> user/testuser/Notes at farkinga.com (\HasNoChildren)
> user/testuser/Tasks at farkinga.com (\HasNoChildren)
> user/testuser at farkinga.com (\HasChildren)
>

> I have been searching through the templates and other files but have not
> been able to find a way to have these folders autogenerated when I add
> an email user.  I can add them afterwards, but I want my users to be
> able to simply login and go.

They are already able to simply login and go !

> My second question is, is there a template file where I can add multiple
> certs for my IMAP/POP authentication?  Or can someone send me a quick
> note on where I need to add them?  I want to be able to provide virtual
> domain support and when a user goes to add their mail.domain.com account
> to their client they won't get the wrong cert.

You can only attach ONE certificate to an (IP, port) couple !

anyway, you can ave multiple Alternate Name in one certificate.
For example you create a certificate using the

commonName =myserver.name.com

and add 2 alternate names

DNS.1=myserver.name.com   # this is a good idea to have ce commonName
in the list of alternate name
DNS.2=webmail.domain1.com
DNS.3=webmail.domain2.com

But this is mostly true if you generate your certificate yourself, because most
of the cheap certificate provider will not let you add multiple
alternate names !

> Thanks for everything.
>
> Joseph

Alain Spineux