install debian package kolabd without libsensors3

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jan 9 08:32:08 CET 2009

Hi Benjamin,

Quoting Benjamin Erler <info at erler-familie.de>:

> Hallo,
>
> I have a vserver and so I have no access to devices or filesystem. When
> I try to install the package kolabd with the command 'aptitude install
> kolabd' the package libsensors3 will be installed, too.

This sounds like a debian problem, not a specific Kolab problem. So
you will probably have more luck on their mailing lists.

By the way: Kolab2/Debian is a native port of the core Kolab2/OpenPKG
system. Such native ports have far less stability (as they see less
testing) than the OpenPKG-based server.

For people that are not an expert in mail server configurations we
would always recommend to use the OpenPKG-based version as the benefit
of having a working system is usually higher then the benefit of being
able to use the system tools of your favourite distribution - and I
know what I'm speaking of as I maintain the Kolab2/Gentoo port ;).

Cheers,

Gunnar