New Kontact e35 version in apt "testing"!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Feb 27 09:08:22 CET 2009

John,

Am Freitag, 27. Februar 2009 02:45:32 schrieb John McMonagle:
> Is enterprise35 testing what you recommend for etch?

yes.

> Don't see an etch stable?

We'll only move it there after getting even more feedback from users.
But e35 is in production use at some sites since about a year.

> In http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/KDE_Kolab_Client  proko2 is recommended.
> I suspect that is a bit dated??

Correct, it is a wiki, please help us to improve it. :)
(I'll update http://kolab.org/about-kolab-clients.html#kdeclient2 next.)

> Currently we use etch for production.
>
> Am testing lenny's kontact with kolab seems to work Ok other than sieve
> can not connect :-(

e35 usually is better compared to stock KDE Kontact.
We have one site that just rebuilds e35 on Lenny without hassle and works
with it. We probably add a lenny build to apt.intevation.de as well at some
point.

Bernhard