Funambol and HTTP instead of HTTPS, how to change apache settings?

digital at usina-de-imagens.com.br digital at usina-de-imagens.com.br
Tue Feb 10 14:08:19 CET 2009

Greetings,

My Kolab Server is behind a firewall, no problems to access it from the
outside world using a special port that redirects to the host:443.
I use self-signed certificates
Funambol doesn't play nice with self-signed certificates.
Question is: How can I create a virtual host for port 80 (non-SSL) only for
requests from some port on the firewall (let's say, 8080) without breaking
anything in a fully functional install? I saw that some services depend on SSL
redirection, that makes me a bit scared to touch on it.
Maybe it's a trivial question for the apache gurus, but I'm not one of them...

TIA,
JK