Urgent Help needed with mail delivery

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Fri Feb 6 20:27:28 CET 2009

Alain Spineux wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Christian Tardif
> <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made a new Kolab installation yesterday (latest beta, already installed in
>> a couple of lcoations successfully). But, for an unknown reason, I keep
>> having all my mails bounced with this message:
>>
>> blah blah blah   loops back to myself
>>
>> Actually, I'm testing by connecting directly to the SMTP port. Postfix
>> accepts the mail (so it knows about the virtual domain). The mail then goes,
>> as far as I can see, thru amavis, and then, when coming back to postfix,
>> loops back to origin instead of be sent to cyrus-imap.
>>

> Can you give us the postfix log about this ?
> Use this to find all the lines
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/What_is_happening_to_my_emails_where_are_their._Search_your_postfix_log_to_find_them
>
> Did you setup your ip and hostname in /etc/hosts ?
> is your DNS configuration OK ? (MX, /etc/resolve.conf ..)
Euh....  ahem......

OK, I had two errors. The /etc/hosts, which was not accurate. The
installation has been done in another location, and the file has old
information.

When I corrected this one, I began to see a php error. The problem was:

The fuc*in lmtp.php instead of LMTP.php

I forgot, but I already seen this one a few weeks ago...

Well, well...   Shame on me, and viva Kolab!!!!!

:-)

Christian