kolab ldap migration questions.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Wed Feb 4 17:50:14 CET 2009

John McMonagle wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>> On Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009, John McMonagle wrote:
>>
>>> Here is  one of our current records:
>>> dn: uid=bradb,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org
>>> uid: bradb
>>>

>>> One possible problem I see is in the People dn records.
>>> Will kolab work with my People dn entries?
>>>

>> I think it should (would need a through test).
>>
> I finally  did a simple test.
> I added our extra schema and then imported one of our user records.
>
> Worked fine after I remembered to add the extra kolab records :-)
>
> Need to test more, but looks good so far.

For my next test imported all of our current ldap records.
That worked but having a problem  automating adding the  extra
kolabInetOrgPerson records.
Probably because I do not understand ldif  well enough :-(

I thought this work  with ldapadd:
dn: uid=test,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org
objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson
kolabHomeServer: mailtest.advocap.org
kolabInvitationPolicy: ACT_MANUAL

gives:
ldap_initialize( ldap://localhost )
add objectClass:
        kolabInetOrgPerson
add kolabHomeServer:
        mailtest.advocap.org
add kolabInvitationPolicy:
        ACT_MANUAL
adding new entry "uid=test,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: no structural object class provided

I can add kolabInetOrgPerson with ldapmodify
dn: uid=test,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org
changetype: modify
add: objectClass
objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson

But if I try to all it all with ldapmodify
dn: uid=test,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org
changetype: modify
add: objectClass
objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson
add: kolabHomeServer
kolabHomeServer: mailtest.advocap.org
add: kolabInvitationPolicy
kolabInvitationPolicy: ACT_MANUAL

This happens:
ldapmodify: wrong attributeType at line 5, entry
"uid=test,ou=People,dc=advocap,dc=org"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

John