Sync Kolab with Thunderbird

Tim Golz kolab at izsr.de
Tue Feb 3 22:04:19 CET 2009

Hi, folx,

been an administrator now for nearly 10 years with some experience in
Linux, Mac and Windows, I must admit that I dunno understand nothing
when I try to sync thunderbirdclients to Kolab.

I have just installed Kolab 2.2.0 from Sources on a Debian Etch-box,
works fine as far as i can see: i can administer the Kolab
webinterface, create users, external adresses, I can connect from
varios mailclients to the Kolabimapserver, sending and receiving
mails, adresses get completed from the kolab-lda-adressbook, I can do
an ldapsearch from a client to kolab - no probs.

but i am to stupid to get Thunderbird Adressbook, Calendar and Tasks
working with Kolab. I tried different setups now with the SyncKolab-
Plugin and Lightning, I created Folders in Kolab and on the
Thunderbird-client, I googled for hours - no chance. the HowTos on the
Kolabsite (i.e. the Kolabwiki) explains nothing (to me), nor does the
Synckolab-site.

Is there a Step-by-Step-HowTo for Fools like me (who are able to
administer two dozens of mal-, samba- and ldapservers and writing
bashscripts and so on, but to stupid to understand the teamwork of
Kolab and Thunderbird/SyncKolab)?

Thanx a lot in advance ...

greetnings

Tim Golz