Kontact on Ubuntu/Karmic blows up Kolab calendar

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Tue Dec 8 22:03:02 CET 2009

Am 08.12.09 21:42 schrieb(en) Del:
> Why are you running 2.2.0 by the way? I believe I remember there was a report on missing calendar entries on this list some time back, so you can try searching to see if there is some skeleton in the closet.

I didn't upgrade yet as there were blocking issues (namely #2982, #3567) which were resolved only recently, but I plan to do the update my server later this week.

I don't think, though, it is related to the *server* version.  Here the *client* on Karmic went south, apparently instructing Cyrus to erase messages containing appointments, replacing them by the broken ones.  This happened *immediately* after starting
Kontact, and Cyrus logs first all the message uploads, followed by the expunge operations of the previous messages:

<debug> imaps[5648]: append_fromstage: message 9254 added to my-domian.com!user.info.Calendar
[etc. etc. etc]
<debug> imaps[5648]: mailbox_expunge: removing mail my-domian.comlios-tech.com!user.info.Calendar:8337
[etc. etc. etc]

This might be an indication that the client's mail store is broken, which results in this effect - again, this is *not* related to the server version IMHO.

BTW, there is a second flavour of broken entries, each 114 bytes long, and all reading

<snip>

</snip>

Thanks, Albrecht.