Kontact on Ubuntu/Karmic blows up Kolab calendar

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Tue Dec 8 21:03:43 CET 2009

Hi all,

I use the Kontact version coming with Ubuntu Karmic (version 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu6) to access our Kolab 2.2.0 (still) server.  Today I had a crash of Kontact, which apparently blew up parts of my and a shared calendar.

The symptoms: the crash left behind ~1200 appointment messages in the Cyrus spool area which are all exactly 12 bytes large and contain just "X-UID: 0\r\n\r\n".  The cyrus log simply states

<debug> imaps[5648]: append_fromstage: message 555 added to my-domain.com!user.some^username.Kalender
[etc. etc.]

I could restore the broken stuff from the backup, but this effect makes me, well, somewhat uneasy...  Any ideas?

Thanks, Albrecht.