Q: Kolab and Mac OS X?

Del delonly at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:28:35 CET 2009

> I just don't want to tell my boss that everything is perfect with Kontact/OS X, and run into tons of issues later...

Not a ton of issues, but Kontact for KDE4 has been under heavy
development, so you should expect some issues. During my testing
(which was on Kontact versions before summer) I found very few issues
running under an updated Leopard. Apart from icon missing, and KWallet
being quite intrusive, I actually only found one annoying issue. That
was during scheduling, when changing time unit on the time axis, it
brought Kontact to a long halt. In other words, few issues that may
very well be resolved by now. That said, you are an early adopter, and
Kontact under KDE4 has even had critical bugs under linux as late as
this summer. Hence, you should prepare your boss for the possibility
that he can experience issues. On the other hand, using Entourage is
not exactly flawless either, so if that is the alternative, he should
consider himself lucky having you to guide him to an adequate
alternative ;)

Cheers,
Del