Trouble with kolab and deleted users

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Dec 3 10:43:22 CET 2009

Quoting kiser Caesar <kcaesar at hotmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a strange error on my kolab server (2.2.2).
> I deleted a directory shell for one user then I deleted a user and
> create it again, it is ok. but I need a new time to delete it, it's
> working too.
> But now when I try to create again that's don't work...

What does "don't work" mean exactly? Is there any error message you
see in the kolab webadmin? Does the user exist in the ldap tree (use
slapcat)?

> I can access the account by horde but without any write rights
> level..
> When I try to send an email to this user I obtain this messages :

Sounds like the account still exists in IMAP (/kolab/var/imap/spool).

> This is the mail system at host server.domain.ext
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

> delete your own text from the attached returned message.
>
>                   The mail system
>
>  href="mailto:m.azran at fayat.com"><d.dupont at domaine.ext>:
> Command died with status 38: "/kolab/bin/php"and this
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; server.domain.ext
> Arrival-Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:56:19 +0100 (CET)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; d.dupont at domaine.ext
> Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; unknown mail system error 38

Probably linked to

kolab/issue3610 (Mail to unknown at something.example.com gets accepted
and yields kolabmailboxfilter exit 38)

which will get fixed with the next Kolab server release (2.2.3).

> I need to tell you that I'm using kolab in multidomain..

I have the impression that the user got removed in LDAP but his
mailbox still exists. Is that right?

Cheers,

Gunnar

href='http://clk.atdmt.com/FRM/go/182932252/direct/01/'

--
____ http://www.pardus.de[1] _________________
http://gunnarwrobel.de[2] _

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg

Links:
------
[1] http://www.pardus.de
[2] http://gunnarwrobel.de