Vista and kolab 2.2.2

Sascha Schneider schneider at zawm.be
Sat Aug 29 18:06:24 CEST 2009

Am Friday 28 August 2009 09:42:56 schrieb Liutauras Adomaitis:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Sascha Schneider<schneider at zawm.be> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I have a strange problem on one of the mashines.
> > I Imported a pst with bynari-connector 3.1.9 into kolab on an XP with
> > Outlook2003, everything went fine, eaven syncing with an TomTom PDA works
> > with ActiveSync.
> > Now the same user has a Laptop with Vista and also Outlook2003.
> > I managed to set the security policy that he can access the samba server,
> > he also can access the horde of the kolabserver, but when I connect to it
> > with outlook2003, outlook crashes/hangs. I also tried to connect without
> > the bynari connector, simply by adding the server as IMAP-Account, same
> > problems, outlook crashes.
> > With bynari connector it syncs for a few seconds and does import the
> > folder-structure and some emails, but then "Outlook does not respond".
> >
> > Has anyone here same problems on vista??
> > Are there other secpols I have to edit to connect the server or is this
> > simply a vista feature ;-))
> >
> > Greetings from belgium, Sascha
>
> We have the same problem, but with Outlook 2007. Outlook 2003 works
> more or less stable, but 2007 for one user keeps crashing. User is
> working for a whole day, but in the morning Outlook just stops with
> the same behaviour - after a few seconds after startup - not
> responding. As a work around we instructed that user how to change the
> option of "download headers only" and it helps for a while - set that
> option, restart outlook, send receive, exit outlook, start outlook,
> remove "download headers only option", send receive, restart outlook.
> We observed that o2007 cannot work with 'remove headers only" set (it
> crashes then you open a email). But playing with this option helps in
> some cases.
> BTW all this is on winxp machine.
>
> Liutauras

I would like to uncheck "download headers" in the connector but I don't come
that far. I reinstalled everything for about 8 times and deleted the bynari
profile. nothing.
I think its time kontact on windows gets more stable.
btw. my boss said something like he would switch to Thunderbird if he only
could sync his winmobile with TB. He didn't knew that I allredy discouvered
birdiesync :-))

greetiings from belgium, sascha