Vista and kolab 2.2.2

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:22:40 CEST 2009

2009/8/28 Doug Finch <all4bg2006 at gmail.com>:
> Liutauras,
>
> You have one user that is experiencing problems with XP/Outlook 2007
> crashing.  What is unique about this user's environment?  You may not want
> to give this information out in a forum.  If you would like to take this
> offline, I would be happy to assist you.  I can be reached at my work email
> address (dfinch at bynari.net).

at the moment I don't see anything what could distict this user from
others. Everything was ok for a month or so, but now started crashing.

> The "Download Headers Only" option should be "enabled" when performing the
> "initial synchronization" of Outlook.  After that initial synchronization is
> complete, it can be turned off.  We have found that users with poor networks
> and mobile users (laptop users) benefit from having "Download Headers Only"
> turned off (disabled) also (after the initial synchronization).

Our experience says, that O2007 will not work with "Download Headers
Only" option set. You can get a list of folders and emails, but then
you try to view an email O2007 crashes.

> Another setting you may want to look at is the "Timeout Setting" on the
> "Connections" tab under the "Accounts" button on the Insight Connector
> toolbar.  By default it is set for a LAN environment (set to "0").  If your
> mail server is not a part of your LAN, then you can adjust this setting to a
> value between "30" - "600" (seconds).  This setting essentially requests
> that the server keep the connection open for the specified number of seconds
> before timing out - thus closing the connection.

I knew this also, but I should check what is set for this particular
user. Usually we set it to 300.

Thanks for suggestions.
Liutauras