SyncML/Funambol/Nokia E71/Kolab/Horde

Micha Kersloot micha at kovoks.nl
Wed Aug 19 13:59:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

> - Funambol is installed and configured with username, password, server-
> address (https://graumannschaft.org/client/rpc.php), port (443).
Does the E71 needs a funambol client? Is there no internal sync application?

> - when I attempt to sync, the phone logs on (first time around I had to
> accept the certificate) and the client reports
>     a) Wird Synchronisiert (Is being synchronized)
>     b) Wird getrennt (logs out)
>     c) Serveradresse ungueltig (invalid server address)

The error is completely meaningless. Whatever problem there is, you will
always see this error on your phone.

> Does anybody have any hints what is going on here?

First look at the apache log-files: /kolab/var/apache/log/apache-access.log and
/kolab/var/apache/log/apache-error.log it could be the error shows overthere.

Another source to look at is /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log/horde.log and
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log/php-errors.log

And now you are going to the somewhat darker area's ;-) First create a folder
/tmp/sync and make it writable for the kolab-n user (or writeable for
everyone) on a sync a lot of debugging info will be written overthere.

The first file to look at would be /tmp/sync/log.txt

P.s. I personaly have been bitten by this bug:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3656

Good luck.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Micha Kersloot

http://www.kovoks.nl/
KovoKs B.V. is ingeschreven onder KvK nummer: 11033334