More Kontact/Win questions [was: Kontact/Win Beta: 2 questions...]

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Apr 27 21:01:42 CEST 2009

Am 27.04.09 12:27 schrieb(en) Bernhard Reiter:
> As concepts we currently have kolabwizard and KDE Kiosk, having more
> ways for the KDE Kolab Client on Windows would be nice.

I added a wish for that
<https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3587>.

See <https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3588>.

> Looks like a defect, please file an issue.

Will do that tomorrow, when I can access the Win box again.

> (Note that the LDAP-Resource is not a top priority function of a
> Kolab-Client currently.)

Dumb question: how is the Kolab user's (and distribution lists etc.)
data base supposed to work, if not through LDAP?  Did I miss something?

> I don't think that there is a tool, but it should be fairly easy to
> write a tool to throw the additional binary attachments away.

Yeah, a rather simple perl script will do...  Just the question if
there is something "official"... ;-)

> The binary blobs possibly contain extra data that Outlook uses, but
> the core of the information must be in the Kolab-XML as well,
> otherwise the client is violating the specs and is not compatible
> with Kolab anymore.

At least for mdn's and for multipart/(signed|encrypted), Toltec seems
to store the /real/ data in the binary tnef (see issue
<https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3229>), and it is not
compatible with Horde or other standard mua's (didn't check Kontact
yet).  MDN's are of less importance, but the ability to recover the
original rfc822 stuff of rfc3156/2633 messages would be great.  Maybe
I'll look into that if I have some time left...

Thanks, Albrecht.