Kontact/Win: problem accessing a shared folder with deep tree and long folder names

Torsten Krah tkrah at fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Apr 23 15:03:00 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 23. April 2009 14:40:51 schrieb Albrecht Dreß:
> Is that a known problem?

Read the Filename Article at wikipedia.

Thats a known windows kernel restriction - nothing KDE special about it.
I would say the solution is -> don't use a path which is that long - if you
already got one, reorganize your stuff if you need windows access (e.g. linux
does not got this restriction so it is valid to use such "long" path
structures).

--
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
completely unintentional side effect."
	-- Linus Torvalds