More Kontact/Win questions [was: Kontact/Win Beta: 2 questions...]

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Wed Apr 22 20:43:25 CEST 2009

Hi!

Am 22.04.09 10:18 schrieb(en) Ludwig Reiter:
>> Are these known issues, or should I add them to the tracker?
> You don't need to add them.

Thanks - I must admit that I was too lazy to go through the 500+ open
issues containing 'kontact' ;-)

And I have a few more "unsorted" questions...

(1) Mass roll-out
Is there a concept/tool for a mass roll-out of kolab, setting more
preferences, maybe as a "defaults list" for kolabwizard?  I today went
through all config options, and it actually took some time to get
everything right.  If the application is used within a bigger
organisation, it would be great if some standard settings (e.g.
signature template, message templates, LDAP setup for the Kolab address
book, etc. etc.) could simply be automatically assigned during the
installation.  I think of setting up a demo account, and then simply
passing that config (probably stored in a file below .kde?) to
kolabwizard which extracts the non-personal stuff - something like the
nice new templates feature of Kolab 2.2.1 in Horde.

(2) Store mailboxes in a different location
This would be easy on Linux with a symlink, but I don't think it will
work on Windows - is it possible to have the local mail store on a
different folder/drive than "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\...", e.g.
"D:\Mail-Archiv"?  Or am I just too dumb to find that option?

(3) LDAP offline store
I set up an extra LDAP address book pointing to the Kolab OpenLDAP
server.  In the advanced LDAP settings, I can select an option (radio
button) to use an off-line cache in LDAP is unavailable, but this
setting apparently isn't stored.  How is it supposed to work?

(4) toltec.dat attachments
This is somewhat off-topic - the messages stored by Outlook/Toltec all
have a big toltec.dat tnef attachment.  Is there a tool to either
remove it completely or to extract any meaningful data from them?
Maybe the latter would be better, as e.g. for encrypted messages,
Outlook/Toltec creates a crap message, but the tnef /seems/ to contain
the real data.

Thanks, Albrecht.