Delivering to subfolders with address extensions

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Wed Apr 15 11:10:05 CEST 2009

On 13/04/09 22:32, Chris Hastie wrote:

> The existing system makes extensive use of address
> extensions to deliver mail to subfolders, ie
>
> user+subfolder at domain.com
>
> is delivered into subfolder beneath user's Inbox.
>
> Is there any way to mimic such behaviour in Kolab? An awful lot of my
> existing routing arrangements depend on this.

To partially answer my own question - it just happens as long as
'anyone' has post rights on the subfolder.

So my supplemental question is how to clamp this down a bit. According
to lmtpd.log, connections are 'pre-authed' as 'postman'. Adding the p
right for postman via Horde has not proved straightforward, as it
appends a domain name if you use a bare word (though not for 'anyone'),
so I end up with 'postman at domain.com' having the right.

But even when I edited the rights using cyradm I was still not able to
get the message delivered where I want. The only way I've successfully
done this is by giving 'p' rights to 'anyone', which seems a little too
open for comfort.

--
Chris Hastie