Kolab - Outlook/Toltec sync hangs

Alfons Lenz lenz at eurosystems.lu
Fri Apr 3 17:40:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

we are testing Toltec Connector with Outlook 2003 and have problems with
large PST files, too. On two different machines Outlook 2003 hangs
sometimes while starting. On both machines big PST files are used (about
0.6 and 2GB). The Toltec symbol in the tray is visible, but cannot be
opened. Outlook is visible, but the email area stays white. I reported
the problem to the Toltec support, but we wasn't able to find the
problem until now. We excluded Kaspersky AntiVirus and Lookout Search
Tool as reason for the problem.

We use Outlook 2003 SP2 and SP3 on Windows XP SP3 with Kolab 2.2.0. The
Toltec Connector is connected to a separate small PST file.

Does anybody have similar problems or any suggestions, how we can solve
the problem?

Best regards
  Alfons