kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Fri Apr 3 12:46:31 CEST 2009

Hi Thomas,

Op vrijdag 03 april 2009 05:27:49 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> Thanks for helping. Kolab is just such a beast, you have to know ldap,
> postfix, cyrus, and Perl.

That's actually the thing I like about kolab.  It brings many of the main
applications together in a single application.  The bad thing is that there
are still some patches needed for the main applications like php (due to c-
client (if I'm not mistaken by heart) and cyrus).

> There is currently no maintainer, after the Oden gave up. I am trying to
> get it to work, and then submit it for inclusion. Quite a task.

Are you building kolab with "./configure --with-dist=mandrake" ?

Perhaps we can share forces via the build services that openSUSE provides.
That services is also open for other distributions, and with one spec file it
is possible to build packages for Fedora, Mandriva, Centos and of course
openSUSE.  Its build for different versions and architectures, see e.g.:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rbos:/ib/

Creating a kolab spec files for multiple distributions is perhaps not easy,
but it could be done....

--
Richard