kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Alar Sing alar.sing at err.ee
Wed Apr 1 09:35:22 CEST 2009

Richard Bos wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> Op dinsdag 31 maart 2009 16:47:02 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
>
>> I am working on the Mandariva. /var/lib/ldap/* is wrong. Probably need to
>> change the path in /etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template to /var/ldap/*
>> and /var/lib/ldap-kolab to /var/kolab-ldap
>>

> For opensuse /var/lib/ldap is correct.  That error "chown: cannot access
> `/var/lib/ldap/" is always reported.  A bit confusing, but after some
> installations one get used to it ;)
>
> Alar's problem is most likely caused by a incorrect kolab package.

Today I reinstalled everything openSuSE 11.1 and kolab. Suse has latest
updates and kolab from sources
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/Kolab:/UNSTABLE/openSUSE_11.1
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php:/applications/openSUSE_11.1

I noticed that package php5-imap-kolab-5.2.6-12.2 is for 32 bits put I
have 64bit suse.