Free/busy - what triggers it?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Apr 1 09:25:03 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 31. März 2009 14:12:08 schrieb Chris Hastie:
> I've run through the troubleshooting guide and I can grab free busy data
> if it has been generated. I can also trigger the generation of free busy
> data by hitting the trigger url in a browser, but only for the user I
> log in as (even if that user has read/write permissions on another
> users calendar).

Please state your version of Kolab Server in all reports and questions.
Note that a user can trigger all calender folders with write access.
Otherwise this is a defect in your Kolab Server revision or setup.

http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/architecture/freebusy.txt?rev=1.26&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
| Whenever a client writes to a calendar it MUST trigger the server based
| generation of fb in the scope of the corresponding folder.

Toltec has a configuration option to enable freebusy triggering
in the account options if I remember correctly. So go to personal folder,
right click and choose Toltec.

The Kolab Web Client (based on Horde) will also do so, otherwise it is a
defect.

> I also notice that in Horde's options for Kronolith, a different fb url
> is given, which seems to always return an empty page.

Yes, this page is wrong in several aspects, I've also noticed yesterday:
kolab/issue3519 (freebusy configuration page highly missleading)

Bernhard