Kontact Windows bug - part of URL not passed

kolab-marc at fieldinternet.com kolab-marc at fieldinternet.com
Wed Apr 1 01:55:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using version 20090220.  I'm writing to report an issue with kmail.  If I click a link within an email, the kio process shows the "open with" dialog, and when I select my web browser, the page does not open properly because the browser is not given the www.example.com portion of the URL (it gets only the directory and/or file name to the right of the name of the server, so for www.example.com/directory/index.html, the browser will go to http://directory/index.html).

Another minor issue with the "Open With" dialog:  Checking the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" box does not have any effect (the next time you open that type of file, you need to pick the application again).

Let me know if there is any additional info I can provide on these bugs (or if there is somewhere else I should be reporting them).

Thanks,
Marc