Postfix and LDAP aliases

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:16:34 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Diego M. Vadell
<dvadell at linuxclusters.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I installed Kolab 2.2.0 and I'm very happy with it. I has been stable,
> performant and easy to administer so far.
>
>    I added a contact in the Addressbook. This guy has a mail address, and an
> alias. I thought that this was only so it would appear in the LDAP address
> book, but when I send and email to the alias, the email gets rewritten and
> goes to the primary email.

I already made some comment about the lazy ldap filter used in
/kolab/etc/postfix/ldapvirtual.cf
in some posts before.

Maybe could you add (objectClass=kolabInetOrgPerson) to limit the "aliasing" to
kolab user only .

my 2ct

>   So I think I can go behind scene and reconfigure postfix not to do that.
> But what is the rationale for that? In what scenario is this useful?
>
> Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english.
>
>  -- Diego.

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you