Hiding special folders in different MUAs

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 15 11:14:30 CEST 2008

Dear Diego,

On Saturday 13 September 2008 15:10, Diego M. Vadell wrote:
>    I started to use Kolab some months ago and I'm very happy with it. It
> has made a 300 users migration, basically, a non-issue.

thanks for trying the Kolab solution and your feedback!

> But (there is
> always something :) ) I would love to be able to hide the special
> folders (the ones where people gets their contacts, calendars and such).

Hiding from the user interface I assume.

> The only thing I could find in the wiki was that it does work with Kontact
>
> "Kolab and the Kontact client is setup by default to hide the use IMAP
> folders for other things besides e-mail. If needed, e-mail with these
> resources is automatically filtered when it arrives, never going to the
> e-mail Inbox."
>
> but nothing about Outlook or thunderbird. So:
>
> * Is there any way to hide them?

Only if the client has such a way. The folder must stay with the client
in a cache if you want to use their functionality.
If you do not need them, you can either delete them
or un-subscribe them on IMAP level.

> * Is there any way to configure them below a folder called ¨DO NOT
> TOUCH!" or something like that?

You can use such a folder, if you like. Just create or move the folders there
(and make sure they have the right marking via annotations).

Bernhard